ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hunting for Collar Stays

Collar Stays by Barneys New York

A few years ago, a friend of mine gave me stainless steel collar stays as a graduation gift. They are the perfect set of six in various sizes. They came in black lizard embossed box with velvet lining- so perfect. Every man should have something similar to keep his stays in. I thought this would be a great stocking stuffer gift for my bf, but who the hell would have thought it would be such a pain the ass to find something like it.

Barneys was my first destination, naturally, but before I left the house I gave the men's accessories department a ring and the sad sales girl told me they had them in. I hauled ass to Barneys and when I arrived- everyone on the sales floor (because I asked everyone) said they sold-out. Can you imagine the state of fury I was in? I was forced to go to the legendary Bloomies on 59th Street and the only thing they had to offer was a set of eight in a tacky clear plastic box, which reminds me of the same clear plastic box you get your pot in. I purchased it out of desperation.

The next day I went to Nordstrom where I was offered slightly different options by David Donahue and Würkin. Although, the David Donahue collar stays did come in an actual box- I just did not appreciate his name splattered on every collar stay and I was just over the Würkin's magnet stay shtick. What ever happened to our simple and plain collar stays?

I have returned the collar stays from Bloomindales. Sorry Bloomies, but you should not have discontinued that perfect leather box set. Some say I'm just a pain in the ass, but I think I know what I want. Nothing wrong with that! I will have to wait until Barneys receive a new shipment. Hopefully, their sales people will it have together by then...

2 comments:

thom53212 said...

I've had these on my wish-list for the longest time - when you get a set for you bf will you get me one too? happy valentines https://www.stayclip.com/order.php#

wecouldgrowup2gether said...

OH wow

Blog Widget by LinkWithin