ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Monday, July 13, 2009

Suit Hunting

Every man should have at least one good suit in his closet. A good suit will carry you anywhere: Work, weddings, and dinners... I can go on and on. Finding a good suit at an even better price point can be a bit difficult. Ever go to a department store and see all those picked-over sale suits and blazers hung tightly and scrunched together, sadly looking at you? You have seen it before Zegna, Gucci, Prada, and Jil Sander all dusty and sadly scrunched. With fabric pulls from being tossed about the sales floor and fitting rooms. It's dreadfully awful! Almost comparable to shopping at the 34th St. H&M on a Saturday afternoon, when all the clothes are dusty, wrinkled and picked-over. Who can shop like that? Definitely, not I! Imagine attempting to find a suit in a 46? It's my worst nightmare. It should be listed amongst one of the hardest things to find in New York along with a job, a good man and an apartment.

I was browsing Aloha Rag's e-commerce site and came across a Jil Sander suit under $700. Which is a steal considering Jil's suits retail over $1,200. I excitedly click on the suit and closed my eyes hoping to see a 46 available and there it was, "46- in stock." I excitedly call the Aloha Rag's NYC location and ask how I can get my hands on that suit. Jeremiah ordered the suit for me and I was notified when it arrived. I always recommend trying on a suit or blazer; a proper fit is essential. Since, you are not purchasing a Bespoke suit usually alterations are needed. Are the jackets sleeves a bit long or short? Does the suits trousers need waist and or hem alterations? These are all important questions you should ask yourself and your tailor. Remember there is nothing worse than an ill-fitting suit. The service at Aloha Rag is the best. The suit arrived at the store free of dust and fabric pulls. I have written about Aloha Rag and their exclusive NYC pieces and killer blowout sales. If you are in New York area I suggest visiting the store. Or, if you happen to be vacationing in the beautiful Honolulu, Aloha Rag has a store location there as well.

Aloha Rag

505 Greenwich St. (At Prince St.)

New York, NY 10013

212.925.0882

1 comment:

Billy said...

Just checking out youyr blog!!good stuff- really like that suit.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin