ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Balmain Homme F/W 09

Images have been released for the first ever Balmain Homme campaign and I'm in love. Karim Sadli photographed Clement Chabernaud for the campaign. I was very curious to see what the fall/winter 09 collection would look like. Judging Christophe Decarnin's work for Balmain's women's collection, I expected it to be avant-garde, but am pleased it's a classic, masculine and wearable collection; which was a smart move on Decarnin's behalf, especially during these economic times. I have read many saying the collection is "boring" but this collection will sell more without being smothered with obnoxious chachki's and a plethora of pleats. In my opinion, the clothes look cool and Clement looks cool in them. With that said, this collection will look great on anyone who is thin enough to fit in the clothes and may I add wealthy enough. The suit, trench, belt and jeans (you could never have too many jeans) are on my fall wish list. I would definitely hand the sales rep my AMEX and perhaps a lung for those pieces. After all you can survive with one lung.






Images via Just.Male.Model

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I want to know if you want to exchange links?

All the best,
Marcello de Giuli
www.yvymag.com

earl grey said...

damn that is quite perfect stuff.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin