ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Sunscreen That Doesn't Reek



When I bid, "Arrivederci," to my hair I realized my face became even more important that ever. What was a young 20-something with a cue ball to do? Invest, invest, and invest in skin care. Someone at any age, male or female, should pay close attention to his or her skin. It saves several trips a year visiting Dr. Dermo for hits of Botox during your 30's, 40's and beyond. I heard rumors of this skin care line called La Mer that supposedly brightened the skin and minimized pore visibility. Everyone whom is anyone with great skin used it; some even used it from head to toe. I figured it was worth a visit to Neiman Marcus to ask a few questions. 

Fast-forward today, it's the only moisturizer I've used since, call me addicted. Bless the hands that steal dabs of my La Mer; it's caused mini-disputes in my home. To be honest, I believe the hidden ingredient in those little 2-ounce pots is The Blood of Christ! I use the Crème de La Mer in the winter and the Emulsion (The Moisturinzing Lotion) during the summer due to its lighter consistency. The Crème is too heavy for New York's humid summers. With all the skin brightening and pore minimizing one would think I would not have an issue. Wrong! What problem would I have with a product that worked wonders? No SPF protection! Having radiant skin with sunspots due to sun exposure is a total oxymoron. Using over-the-counter sunscreen products from CVS not only reek but are also so greasy one can fry chicken. No one wants to go to the office reeking of Banana Boat. 

That problem has since been resolved. You may walk into your nearest Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman or Saks Fifth Avenue location to purchase The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid. The Protecting Fluid uses gemstones to enhance the formula's anti-oxidant activity. Semi-precious tourmaline and Brazilian malachite capture light energy and then transform it into beneficial green light to boost the Fluid's powerful anti-oxidants. The UV Protecting Fluid keeps skin comfortable, hydrated and soothes with a new Smart Seaweed Ferment. The Smart Seaweed Ferment also attracts moisture to the skin to create a protective, emollient barrier, helping to prevent dehydration. The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid helps shield skin from damaging UVA/UVB rays while providing optimal treatment benefits.  It is truly luxurious and lightweight to the touch. 

The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid
Price: $65 for 1.4 oz.

1 comment:

ricola said...

It is indeed great, but its tinyness irks me so. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin