ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Monday, February 16, 2009

New York Fashion Week: Tim Hamilton

Mikus @ ReQuest

I have been a fan of Tim Hamilton for quite some time. I remember a great navy cashmere cardigan I used for a photo shoot; I have since been a fan. Yesterday evening I had the opportunity to attend his Fall 09 men's wear presentation. Hamilton's inspiration came from the spirit of Wiener Werkstatte of early-20th century Vienna, he fixed his Fall/Winter 09 collection on the blurred line between abstract design and fine craftsmanship. This collection mixes innovative ornamental details and geometric elements. "I wanted to take aim at concepts of structure and conformity as requirements for modern design," stated Tim Hamilton.

His collection had the perfect amount of color using vivid reds for a handsome and perfectly tailored double-breasted silk-cashmere suit and a single-breasted suit. One of my favorite looks was a shearling rivington coat over a black/cream checked shirt, paired with one of Hamilton's signature cardigans and a semi-sheer drop crotch lounge pant that was shown both long and short throughout his collection.





1 comment:

Zakuro said...

Nice pics of the show!

I like this Tim Hamilton's collection.
Vivid red suit, see-through shirt, and leather look chic, especially.

best regards.
Z.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin