ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gianfranco Ferre's Home Run


I've been following the F/W 09 shows in Milan like the fashion junkie that I am and so far the only show that I've gone mad for has been Gianfranco Ferre. Designers Tommaso Aquilano and Roberto Rimondi, from defunct acclaimed Italian label 6267, have really put their foot into this menswear collection, so to speak. If it were imperative to put my coins into one collection that I have seen, Ferre would be the chosen one to burn the hole and max out my AMEX. Where's the Black Card when you need one? The thick chunky knit scarves were amazing; may I have one in every color please? The Duo reinvented the wool coat by adding volume and structure. The alligator coats were just as sick; they had this amazing stiff collar that stood straight up and with semi-gloss sheen. I will not fail to mention the broadtails coats; the gunmetal hooded coat was my favourite. If you have absolutely nothing to wear for that boring black tie wedding that you are forced to attend, Ferre has saved the day with a beautifully sequenced satin blazer. Seriously, start saving your coins for this collection because it's on to invest in.




Images courtesy of Men.style.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin