ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Hunt for a Leather Jacket


I've been on the hunt for a leather jacket for quite some time now. How hard could it be you're thinking? Not impossible but a slight mission. What was I looking for? Not much, just a simple black leather jacket of good quality and a perfect fit. The fit of a leather jacket is very important. It should not be baggy or slouchy and should stop at the waist. Why would you want to appear bigger than you're actual size? Additionally, you shouldn't have to say, "Maybe I can alter it," it's not a blazer. Try the size you think you are and perhaps a size smaller.   

I was avoiding making a designer purchase. Spending 1,200 plus dollars was not an option, especially in today's economy. Moving along, where does a guy go for cool, handsome leather jacket without bells and whistles? I hit the net and did some research and stumbled upon this handsome leather jacket at Club Monaco; which is one of the best American high-street retailers. It was perfect no studs, bells or whistles just a simple all black leather jacket. The price was even better only $599 (tax not included.) 

121 Prince Street (NYC) 
212.533.8930 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, i've been thinking about a leather jacket too! And the jacket that i imagined was just like this. I love this jacket.

Style Flavors said...

Great jacket Ryan! I love Club Monacco too - they've got great basics and good fit and they make excellent gifts too!

xoxo Nicolas

ELVIA said...

i love your blog!

i was just curious how did you start your career as a stylist... if you don't mind. :)

have a lovely week {xxx}

Ryan Mac said...

Thanks,Nicolas Club Monaco is amazing. That's one of the only high street retailers that carry xs & their quality is great. Then again it is a Ralph Lauren owned.

Ryan Mac said...

Hi Elvia,
Thank you for your kind words. I started by working for free! I still work for free at times. I started as a dresser backstage for fashion week.

Jacek said...

Great taste. I have 3 leather jackets already but I don't mind to have another one like this. I like the zippers on the sleeves. And you are right - it is very difficult to find xs.

Ryan Mac said...

Thanks, I think this jacket is a great find.

Motorcycle Leather Jacket said...

I was just hunting to find a nice jacket for myself and I found your blog which helped me find my choice. Thankx.

Motorcycle Jackets said...

Nice place for nice people to hunt for their desired jacket which they dream to wear.

motorcycle leather jackets said...

i like your blog .
nice jacket for gift and bike rider.

Buy Women Leather Blazer said...

a place for all leather jacket lover

Women Leather Skirts said...

Nice and interesting post. Keep it up.

Leather Jackets,
Women Leather Blazers

mens jeans said...

Ryan, Great jacket! I love Club Monaco too - got the basics right and good shape and they make great gifts too!

Atif said...

I really like this leather jacket very lovely design i like its pocket designing

Reflective Motorcycle Vests

Rudy said...

Thank you for your recommendation.I want to tell you True Religion Outlet store is also a good choice.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin