ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Friday, July 18, 2008

Yigal Keeps You Warm

Yigal Azrouel is one of my favorite American menswear designers. His menswear collection is wearable, cool, and unique.  He uses great fabrics and his cashmere is to die for.  Which is why I was excited to see his Fall/Winter 08 Collection.  

The weather was atrocious that day!  I'm talking torrential monsoon-like rain and was furious that I would get to the show drenched and smelling like a wet puppy.   There is nothing chic about that!  I haul into the Chelsea venue, drenched and wait to get seated. 

Midway through the show my attention is diverted from my wet Dior jeans and into the collection.  As usual I was not disappointed and it was all worth getting a little wet for.  Everything you want to see for fall was there, the knits, the scarves, the footwear, all great.  If you want pieces that are unique without looking like a horribly styled fashion victim, shop this collection.  One of my favorite pieces was this navy wool coat with the most fabulous stiff collar.  I love navy its such a rich, powerful, strong color.  The length of the coat was perfection, hitting above mid-thigh.  Definitely worth being put on a wish list.  

Unfortunately, it is not available online as they are selling Spring/Summer 08 but it is available at Yigal's Meatpacking District boutique.  

408 W. 14th St.
212.929.7525

Ryan Mac

1 comment:

Ms Dior Cherie said...

This collection is fantastic

Blog Widget by LinkWithin