ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Flip Flops

Flip flops go on my list as things you should not wear in public unless you are going to the beach or walking your dog. Glenn O' Brien made a statement in GQ's August issue that reads, "But seriously, folks, flip flops are for the beach or maybe washing the car or spaniel. They are not the next big thing. They are the last sad thing on the road to stylistic surrender." Some readers at Fashionista.com had an issue with that statement. Of course they were flip flop wearers. They are probably that same people that wear Juicy Couture sweatpants and UGG's as if they are some sort of fashion revolution. Blech! You guys might beg to differ but to me flip flops read, "I was too lazy to make an effort today so I flip flopped into these Haviana's." Why have Americans become so lax? Lose the Haviana flip flops and throw on a loafer or boat shoe. It is not that much work. Someone made a comment about them being so comfortable and what else can you wear in the rain or extreme heat. Flip flops are not even that comfortable and I almost lost a flip flip in heavy rain a few years back. When was the last time you said to yourself, "Wow, look at how well dressed he or she is in those flip flops." Probably never! Am I the only person that feels this way? I can't be the only one!

Ryan Mac

6 comments:

tsad said...

Totally Agree. Im tired of them (and crocks). If you can buy them at meijers, its so NOT HOT! What the feck!? It doesnt even seem like people like flip flops, it seems like they just put them on to substitue a real shoe decision, like "Omg, should I put on the purple flats or the black gladiators?", "Idk, just put on some flip flops", "Umm, Okay"

DURR DA DURR!!!

Plus its just not streetwear, c'mon.

Dapper Kid said...

Eurgh I hate guys wearing flip flops. To be honest though I don't mind that much if women them. It just depends what they are worn with and where they are going.

Ryan Mac said...

Thank you tsad & dk! Crocs are the worst! I think they are horrible they are supposed to be worn for gardening. Leave it to Americans to take comfort to another level. They way I feel about flip flops is the way i feel about sweat pants. They have their function and should not be worn other than that. There are so many other comfortable shoe choices.

Ms Dior Cherie said...

Lol, u are definitely not the only one. Flip-flops does nothing but cheapen your outfit. I have NEVER seem a hot guy with an amazing outfit wearing flip-flops or crocs.

ricola said...

I'm with you all.

Ryan Mac said...

Thank you Ricola

Blog Widget by LinkWithin