ADVERTISEMENT

Lab Series (ELC)

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Celebrity Brands

Usher hinted to WWD about designing lingerie, eyewear, and accessories.  I have had about enough with the celebrity fashion lines.  Fragrances I can somewhat tolerate. I definitely would not want to smell like Usher, Antonio Banderas or Diddy. I prefer Chanel Egoiste, it never does me wrong.  I don't think I have ever bought a Usher album nevertheless a fragrance and I definitely will not purchase any "fashion" from him.  Shouldn't you be known for style and fashion before you debut a line of clothing?  It feels like WWD is reporting about another tired fashion line by a celebrity everyday.  I get nauseous every time I hear about a new line.  I can only imagine how many times reporters have hurled in there cubicles when they report about a new line.  Do not even get me started on the fashion lines by "The Hills" girls. Imagine if that evil tool Spencer Pratt decided to debut a line. Could you die?  UGH is all I have to say.   

Ryan Mac  

3 comments:

Dapper Kid said...

I'm not a fan of all these celebs jumping onto the clothing and fragance wagon in order to establish themselves as 'businessmen/women' instead of simply being 'singers' or 'actors'. However that being said, there are a few celebrity clothing lines I do genuinely take interest in!!

Ryan Mac said...

I totally agree with you DK. I will say that I am interested in seeing what Kanye as to offer with his new line. There aren't any celebrity lines that I take interest in, as far as menswear is concerned.

Ms Dior Cherie said...

I really feel like these singers and actors wake up one morning and say "Hi, i want my own fragrance or my own clothing line." Of course they have no skill or foundation of knowledge with these aspiration, like dapper kid said it's just to establish themselves as businessmen or women. I am soo over these celebrities TRYING (keyword here) to be so called designers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin